The Greater Sitka Arts Council will host its annual Fall Art Walk from 5-9 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 29, at several businesses in downtown Sitka.
The free art walk will give people a chance to see new art work, visit with your neighbors, and maybe get an early gift idea for the holidays.
Here are highlights from some of the participating businesses:
- Brenner’s Fine Clothing & Gifts — A wonderful selection of fine quality Alaskan clothing and made-in-Alaska gifts.
- Homeport Eatery — presents Laura Kaltenstein and DJ Robidou, “Life in a Nutshell” an eclectic mixture of textiles and mixed media.
- Old Harbor Books – Featured artists are Liz Zacher and author Tracie Harang
- Fisherman’s Eye Gallery – featuring Colin Herforth oils and pastels, Gene Chilton with carved silver jewelry, and Larry McCrehin playing live music.
- Artists Cove Gallery – featuring the second annual “You are the artist”
- Silver Basin – featuring artist Cara Murray and musicians Conner and Owen Fulton.
- Baranof Island Artists Gallery — TBA
- Raindance Gallery – Day of the Dead: up to 15 different local artists will be participating. Ceramics, oil paintings, acrylics, water colors, multi media. Music by Strumming Dog and Gary Gouker
- Sitka Rose Gallery – Featuring Steve Lawrie new paintings
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.