The Greater Sitka Arts Council has announced the participating businesses and artists in its Arti-Gras Gallery Walk from 5-8 p.m. on Friday, March 13, in downtown Sitka.
The gallery walk is part of the eighth annual Arti-Gras Arts and Music Festival, which takes place every March. The gallery walk is an opportunity for Sitkans to view new work from local artists, both emerging and established.
The participating businesses/galleries are:
- Rios Wine and Tapas Bar, 256 Katlian St. (upstairs above Ludvig’s Bistro), art by Lisa Teas and Cara Jane Murray
- Fishermen’s Eye Gallery, 239 Lincoln St., art by Sam Sheakley and Dan Bennion
- Homeport Eatery, 209 Lincoln St., collaborative exhibition with the Sitka Health Summit on the theme “Personal and Community Wellness”
- Baranof Realty, 315 Seward St., photos by Southeast Alaska Independent Living (SAIL) photographers and art by Sarah Williams
- Sitka Sound Science Center, 834 Lincoln St., Suite 200, multiple artists and Sitka High School students
- Sitka Rose Gallery, 419 Lincoln St., spring art collection
- Old Harbor Books, 201 Lincoln St., art TBA
- Island Artists Gallery, 205-B Lincoln St., art TBA
- Raindance Gallery, 205 Monastery St., art TBA
- Robertson’s Gallery and Custom Framing, 128 Lincoln St., art TBA
- Artists Cove Gallery, 241 Lincoln St., art TBA
For more information, contact Sarah Lawrie of the Greater Sitka Arts Council at 747-2787 or 738-5234, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.