The Greater Sitka Arts Council will host its annual Fall Art Walk from 5-8 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 24, at several businesses in downtown Sitka.
The free art walk will give people a chance to see new art work, visit with your neighbors, and maybe get an early gift idea for the holidays. Friday, Nov. 24, is a sales tax holiday in Sitka, so you won’t have to pay tax on any art you buy.
Here are highlights from some of the participating businesses:
- SITKA FLOWERS AND THE CHOCOLATE MOOSE, 104 LINCOLN ST., No. 100 — Wine, Chocolate and Festive Floral Designs.
- ROBERTSON’S CUSTOM FRAMING & GALLERY, 128 LINCOLN ST. — Events TBA.
- SITKA PIONEER HOME, 120 LINCOLN ST. — Music by Bonnie Cottrell and Pioneer Home Gift Shop.
- SITKA CONSERVATION SOCIETY, 201 LINCOLN ST. (UPSTAIRS) — Artwork by Rafe Hanson, Bethany Goodrich, Dale DeArmond, Nancy Behnken, Rhonda Reaney and Heather Bauscher.
- OLD HARBOR BOOKS, 201 LINCOLN ST. — Paper cuts by Cara Jane Murray.
- ISLAND ARTISTS GALLERY, 205 B. LINCOLN ST. — Artwork by Norman Campbell and Liz Zacher.
- INDIAN VILLAGE ARTISTS, 235 LINCOLN ST. — Artists TBA.
- ABBY’S REFLECTION APPAREL & QUILTWORKS, 231 LINCOLN ST. — Sip and Shop. Fabric artist Lynne Brandon. Vintage treasures by Out on a Whim.
- ARTIST COVE GALLERY, 241 LINCOLN ST. — Art and music by Mark Sixbey.
- CABIN FEVER GALLERY AND GIFTS, 321 LINCOLN ST. — Artwork by Kay McCarty, Kelly Goeden, Sandy Greba, Tracie Harang and Grace Harang.
- SITKA ROSE GALLERY, 419 LINCOLN ST. — Artists TBA.
More galleries and artists may be added later. This event is sponsored by the Greater Sitka Arts Council, Alaska Airlines, the City and Borough of Sitka, and SEARHC. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.