Lincoln Street will be closed to traffic for this event, and there will be some events in the street by the New Archangel Dancers and from the Nutcracker by Sitka Studio of Dance.
The free art walk will give people a chance to see new art work, visit with your neighbors, and maybe get an early gift idea for the holidays. Friday, Nov. 29, is a sales tax holiday in Sitka, so you won’t have to pay tax on any art you buy.
Here are highlights from some of the participating businesses:
- SITKA ROSE GALLERY, 419 LINCOLN ST. — Artwork from all over Alaska.
- GREATER SITKA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE / VISIT SITKA, 104 LAKE ST. — Sign up for your Greater Sitka Arts Council annual membership and get a free mug. Music by David Nichols. Membership drive sponsored by Northrim Bank.
- CABIN FEVER GALLERY AND GIFTS, 321 LINCOLN ST. — Featuring artwork by local artists.
- ARTIST COVE GALLERY, 241 LINCOLN ST. — Featuring the artwork of Mark Sixbey.
- ALASKA PURE SEA SALT, 239 LINCOLN ST. — With Sweet Sister Caramels. New holiday flavors and delicious gifts.
- ABBY’S REFLECTION APPAREL & QUILTWORKS, 231 LINCOLN ST. — A guide of supplies from A to Z.
- SITKA LUTHERAN CHURCH, 224 LINCOLN ST. — Photography by Sandra Rudd.
- ISLAND ARTISTS GALLERY, 205 LINCOLN ST. — Norm Campbell will do calligraphy during Art Walk. Also with new works from a multitude of local artists, including Route 66 photography by Janet Berlin, watercolors from Newfoundland by Pat Kehoe, pottery from Auriella Hughes, silver bracelets from Sarah Winfield, hand-painted purses and bags by Amy Sweeney, ammonite jewelry from Liz Faulkner, evocative imaginary landscapes by Norm Campbell, basket-weave-illusion wooden bowls by Jim Kirkness, beaded jewelry by Cass Pook, acrylic paintings from David Gross, painted drums and beaded jewelry from Helen Mercado, moccasins and beaded works from Linda Janecek, Sitka photographs by Roberta White, lightcatchers by Barb Bingham, wildlife photography from Dan Kilkeary, stained glass pieces by Kate Cluff, dichroic glass jewelry by Catherine Weaver, cast silver jewelry by Doug Dabrowski, handmade rare jewels and accessories by Amelia Mosher, macramé jewelry and artworks by Cayla Pook, metal works by Marcus Lee, paintings by Frances Braun, prints from Steve Lawrie and Nora Skeele, jewelry by Joella and Cloe Turner, fish prints by Jerry Wright, whimsical works from Jan Steinbright, hand-painted silk scarves by Lori Lang, and colorful hats and stickers from Raven Shaw. Appetizers and libations also available.
- GALANIN + KLEIN, 203 LINCOLN ST. — Featuring fine-crafted knives by artist Adam Fondel and silver carver Jerrod Galanin.
- SITKA CONSERVATION SOCIETY, 201 LINCOLN ST., SUITE NO. 4 (UPSTAIRS, ABOVE OLD HARBOR BOOKS) — Featuring the photography haiku of Lione Clare.
- OLD HARBOR BOOKS, 201 LINCOLN ST. — Paintings by James Poulson and music by Bellymeat.
- GALLERY BY THE SEA (FORMERLY ROBERTSON’S ART GALLERY AND CUSTOM FRAMING), 128 LINCOLN ST. — Live jazz music by Stephanie Patton.
- SITKA HOTEL, RESTAURANT AND LOUNGE, 118 LINCOLN ST. — Music by Summerfall.
- 57 PEAKS, 102 LINCOLN ST. — Watercolors by Dixie Peterson.
- BEAK RESTAURANT AND KCAW-RAVEN RADIO, 2 LINCOLN ST. — Uilleann bagpipes by John Ingman, beaded jewelry by Haley Angus, nature photography by Matt Goff. The KCAW-Raven Radio Retail Shop will be open.
More galleries and artists may be added later. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.