The Greater Sitka Arts Council will host its annual Spring Art Walk from 5-8 p.m. on Friday, April 7.
This event will feature art presentations at a variety of local art galleries, businesses, and public buildings.
Here’s a list of the participating galleries and businesses, and their featured artists:
- Robertson’s Gallery and Custom Framing, 128 Lincoln St., New works by David Gross
- Old Harbor Books, 201 Lincoln St., The Love of Dance, photographer Bobbi Jordan with Sitka Studio of Dance
- Island Artists Gallery, 205B Lincoln St., New works by Tess Giant, Dan Kilkeary, Jim Kirkness, Jay Sweeney, and Jerry Wright
- Fishermen’s Eye Gallery, 239 Lincoln St., Inquiries, Cara Murray and Norman Campbell
- Artist’s Cove Gallery, 241 Lincoln St., Handcrafted jewelry collections by Katia Olivova and Linda Wilson
- Cabin Fever Gallery and Gifts, 321 Lincoln St., Featured artists Kay McCarty, Kelly Goeden, Sandy Greba, and Tracie Harang
- Keith Greba/Watercolors of Alaska, 407 Lincoln St. (Bayview Building), New works by Keith Greba
- Goldsmith Gallery, 407 Lincoln St. (Bayview Building), Handcrafted jewelry collections with featured carving demonstration by Jeff Sheakley
- Sitka Rose Gallery, 419 Lincoln St., New works by Eric Bealer
- Raindance Gallery, 205 Monastery St., New works by Tommy Joseph and Kristina Cranston, featured needle felted dolls by Kristina Cranston
For more information, contact Kammie Daniels of the Greater Sitka Arts Council at 747-2787 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Greater Sitka Arts Council and Sitka Folk will host its annual Fall Art Walk from 5-8 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 25, at several businesses in downtown Sitka.
The free art walk will give people a chance to see new art work, visit with your neighbors, and maybe get an early gift idea for the holidays.
Here are highlights from some of the participating businesses:
- THE LARKSPUR CAFÉ, 2 LINCOLN ST. — Artists TBA
- WILLIAM STORTZ GALLERY AT CITY HALL, 100 LINCOLN ST. — Tlingít language revitalization photo exhibit by Pundit Productions
- FOR ME & MY HOUSE / KNITTING WITH CLASS, 102 LINCOLN ST. — Ellen has all things unique for your home. Laura provides beautiful natural fibers and knitted garments.
- ISLAND ARTISTS GALLERY, 205 B. LINCOLN ST. — Artists TBA
- OLD HARBOR BOOKS, 201 LINCOLN ST. — Original oil paintings depicting scenes of Sitka by James Poulson
- ABBY’S REFLECTION APPAREL & QUILTWORKS, 231 LINCOLN ST. — DJ and Morgan Robidou of Sea Dreams Designs
- FISHERMEN’S EYE GALLERY, 239 LINCOLN ST. — Charcoal drawings by Heather Bauscher, wood-turned bowls by Zach LaPerriere, music by Debby LeVeck & friends
- ARTIST COVE GALLERY, 241 LINCOLN ST. — Copper jewelry by Tlingít artist Jennifer Olney-Miller, art and music by Mark Sixbey, sculpted wire jewelry by Linda Wilson
- SITKA ROSE GALLERY, 419 LINCOLN ST. — Artists TBA
- THE LOFT, 408 OJA WAY, SUITE A — An exhibition of new works on paper by Sarah Lawrie
After the Fall Art Walk, join us forAn Evening With The Artists, from 8-10 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 25, at The Loft (408 Oja Way, Suite A, upstairs). This event features an exhibition of new works on paper by Sarah Lawrie and original songs from Denise DenHerder and Ted Howard. The admission fee for this event is $10 and tickets are available at Old Harbor Books or at the door. Only 45 tickets will be sold
For more information, contact email@example.com.